As the top NYC acting studio for young actors, we get a lot of questions on Facebook and Twitter from young actors & their parents wondering how to audition for Disney. So to answer this question for everyone, we thought we might give you all some insight on how to score an audition for the Disney Channel.
The Disney Channel has a roster of a variety of hit shows, such as ANDI MACK, BIZAARDVARK, BUNK’D, STUCK IN THE MIDDLE, TANGLED, GIRL MEETS WORLD, K.C. UNDERCOVER, BEST FRIENDS WHENEVER, JESSIE, AUSTIN & ALLY, THE EVERMOOR, SHAKE IT UP, DOG WITH A BLOG & LIV AND MADDIE. Other shows kids loved included WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE, THE SUITE LIFE ON DECK, PHINEAS AND FERB, FISH HOOKS & GOOD LUCK CHARLIE. Many have won Teen Choice Awards,
Disney Casting Calls in Cities Near YOU!
In recent years Disney Channel’s goal has been to turn average kids from middle – America into mainstream super stars. Some of the Disney super stars include: Zac Efron, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez, Bella Throne, and Demi Levato. Wondering how some of them became Disney stars? Well some of them attended an open calls that Disney held in cities across the United States.
When YOU Audition for Disney Channel – What Do THEY Want to SEE?
Disney Channel is constantly looking for the next big child star and they continue to seek new talent even outside of their Burbank headquarters. Many young kids dream of becoming Disney Channel stars and fantasize about starring in their own Disney Channel series or movie.
If you want to become a Disney Channel star, here are some major things to consider.
The Disney Channel is always looking for new talent – but they are MOST interested in children who can sing, act, and dance. This is because most of the Disney Channel shows are music or dance orientated, and Disney is very skilled and motivated to cross promote its stars as both actors AND musical performers. In other words, if they launch someone as an actress, they also would want to release a CD of them as a recording artist, and when they go out to do shows, they will need to dance and create an exciting concert stage performance.
Disney Audition Success – 3 BIG Answers!
- Big Question#1: Is there serious competition at Disney casting calls?
- Answer: You bet! You are not the ONLY kid that wants to be on TV!
- Bigger Question#2: How do I get the competitive edge over others?
- Answer: It’s no different than applying to a college, going on a job interview, trying out for a football team – you have to have talent AND be prepared. When you audition for Disney, you can’t be overly nervous. You have to be self-assured and confident. You have to know what to expect at the audition, and experienced enough to know how to perform in front of the TV directors, producers AND the camera!
- Biggest Question #3: How do I become that confident, experienced, talented TRIPLE THREAT that the Disney Channel is looking for?
- Answer: Have natural talent. Refine that acting, singing and dancing talent through professionally run classes that specialize in preparing the young actor. Have a ‘look’ that pro acting coaches help you make to the max. Have professionally done awesome natural actor headshots to leave with your resume. Get previous experience performing at showcases and auditions in front of TV and film casting directors, entertainment managers and acting agents.
Disney Auditions & Casting Calls are Often Close to Where YOU Live
In order to get one step closer to being on the Disney Channel you should continue to look for audition and casting call announcements from Disney in your area. The Disney Channel will often announce auditions in major cities or cities that you may be able to drive to.
There are also opportunities to submit your headshot and resume to Disney casting directors for consideration on up and coming roles.
Leading up to your audition, YOU HAVE TO get up to speed with all the other talented actors and actresses trying out for the same role that you want. Practice, study, take classes – live and breathe it. Be passionate about it! Go for it! Get training at a top acting school so that their pro acting coaches can get you up to the level they know you need to be.
That’s what we can do for YOU!
At Break Into Hollywood Studios in New York City it is easy – you start by coming to our Intro Session for Beginner Actors! We will let you know if you have what it takes to be a Disney Channel Star – and we have the experience and the successful track record to help prepare you to fulfill your dream!